Thursday 13 March 2008

Byron maaan...





Ah, the North coast,land of bananas and mushrooms.We did a jaunt to Byron Bay recently ( I have been going back there intermitently since I was fifteen or so) for a show with Jeff Raglus who I met whilst we were both working for MAMBO.It was pretty funny hanging around a surfboard company for a few days, took me waaaay back. We were well looked after by Dain and Matt who run Sea Cell and had a fun opening.These boys approach surfboard making in a manner akin to punk rock or even the slow food movement.If there are any Marxist theorists out there I'd be interested to know what they thought about this kind of approach.

It is quite strange making and showing work that slips between two unrelated activities.I am still trying to nut out where the pieces fit together, if at all. Anyway ,why worry,we had a holiday,got to see some of this strange brown land and some surf.

No comments: