Thursday 7 July 2011


I watched Annie Hall again the other night.We used to have a Woody Allen tape at Jamboree (the studio I shared for ten years) which still makes me smirk just thinking of it. Anyway I was reminded of the joke which is normally attributed to either Groucho Marx or Freud....

The... the other important joke, for me, is one that's usually attributed to Groucho Marx; but, I think it appears originally in Freud's "Wit and Its Relation to the Unconscious," and it goes like this - I'm paraphrasing - um, "I would never want to belong to any club that would have someone like me for a member."




On that note...

CERAMICS MASTERS SERIES 2011
Sandra Black, Bronwyn Kemp, Pippin Drysdale, Louise Boscacci, Janet DeBoos, Gerry Wedd, Mitsuo Shoji, Alison (Milyika) Carroll & Carol (Anilyuru) Williams
Mark Making brings together nine Australian artists whose work feature diverse techniques that demonstrate their own unique maker’s marks. Each artist has a distinct, almost subconscious style that has become indicative of their work. In ceramics, the makers mark is heightened, as the form can feature the mark of the hand, as well as how it is then decorated.
A beautiful exhibition that features some of the most interesting artists working in ceramics today. All are held in public collections and have perfected their chosen technique, and are known for their individual style of mark making.

20 JULY - 13 AUGUST 2011

Opening Night Wednesday 20 July 6-8pm

The exhibition will be launched by Greg Daly, Australian artist and educator at 7pm

RSVP essential by 15 July to sarah@sabbiagallery.com or on 61 2 9361 6448



No comments: