Sunday 29 July 2007

New work at Jam and SOMA





Where to start? In the spirit of information -sharing I have climbed aboard.
SALA Week (South Australian living Artists) is big in Adelaide,100's of shows in all fields.It started with a bang on Friday night at the Jam Factory with two great shows by Leo Neohofer and Maria Parmenter(pictured).The other image (Paper Moon) is from a show I'm having with my wife Chris De Rosa who is a printmaker at a gallery in Adelaide called SOMA during SALA week this month.Chris' works are based on the conjunction between flora and its depiction in patterning of domestic surfaces.She is using alot of images scanned from local seaweeds, The work I've produced is a series of cover versions in ceramics,based on some of my favourite narrative driven songs,like this Nick Cave song ,Babe you turn me on.

No comments: